Dan, Heather, Jeremiah, Tory, Emma, Tye, Claire, Levi, Josie, Jane and Ethan

Sunday, November 11, 2018

The Next Generation


Expansion of PAACS

Last weekend, I attended the annual Pan-African Academy of Christian Surgeons (PAACS) annual meeting in Chicago in my role as the Regional Director for PAACS Orthopaedics. Biggest news is that two additional programs will be joining the PAACS ortho family: (1) Kijabe/CURE (where we currently serve) and (2) Soddo/CURE in Ethiopia. In January 2019, the total number of residents will increase to over 20!

The PAACS Orthopaedic Council sub-meeting...13 US-based surgeons committed to the training and discipleship of national orthopaedic residents in Africa. 

The main PAACS commission meeting had more than 100 people in attendance. 

Tenwek

Tenwek will graduate our first two residents, Dr. Victor Sowayi, and Dr. Fasto Yugusuk in January 2019.  After graduation, Victor will be serving at Litein Hospital, joining three other PAACS General Surgery graduates at this mission hospital about 50 kilometers from Tenwek.  Fasto, who is from South Sudan, will God-willing return to his home after a few years of work or additional training.  Dr. Amada McCoy, who recently completed a pediatric orthopaedic fellowship at Baylor, joined the consultant team at Tenwek last month.

Dr. Amanda McCoy recently joined Tenwek as a long-term, orthopaedic consultant.

Kijabe 

The Kijabe/CURE program was approved to come under the umbrella of PAACS.  Although the residency was started in 2008, the consultants all agreed that PAACS would add tremendous value in terms of spiritual ministry, discipleship and training.  We recently held our residency interviews and have accepted three quality trainees into the program bringing our total number of residents to 10.  Dr. John Weston and his wife Ali, along with their two children, Gabe and Grace, will join Kijabe in late 2019. John is currently a chief resident at Mayo Clinic and has been accepted into Samaritan’s Purse Post-Residency Program.  


Dr. John and Ali Weston, Gabe and Grace will join the Kijabe team in 2019.  


John and I operated on this young man who received a total hip replacement for severe hip dysplasia. 

Kijabe CURE residents at our weekly PAACS spiritual curriculum bible study. 


Ethiopia

The new PAACS orthopaedic training program beginning in Ethiopia in January 2019 will involve two sites: (1) CURE Ethiopia in Addis Ababa and (2) Soddo Christian Hospital in Southern Ethiopia.  Recently, in my role as Regional Director, I visited both hospitals in Ethiopia, and was struck by the complexity of cases, and incredible talent of the surgeons at both sites.

The extreme work of the surgeons at CURE Ethiopia to correct neglected clubfoot.


The drive to Soddo was beautiful, roads flanked by red fields of teff, the grain used to make the Ethiopian staple food injera.


Dr. Duane Anderson (middle), a very gifted orthopaedic surgeon, has been at Soddo since 2005.  Dr. Brian Hodges (back row right) joined Soddo two years ago.  The three guys in the front are orthopaedic residents from Ethiopia and Kenya.


Global Missions Health Conference 2018

On the tail end of my quick trip back to the states, I attended the annual Global Missions Health Conference in Louisville, KY, where I taught a workshop on casting and splinting, and gave a presentation on PAACS orthopaedics to an enthusiastic crowd.  The conference was attended by more than 2500 medical professionals and students and was a impactful time of networking, and encouraging this next generation of young men and women called to serve in medical missions.

Instructing on the application of an RJ splint.


Great hands-on workshop.


Demonstrating how to reduce and splint an ankle fracture with Dr. Dylan Nugent as the "test subject."


A+ splints.

Psalms 71:14-16
As for me, I will always have hope;
I will praise you more and more. 
My mouth will tell of your righteous deeds, 
of your saving acts all day long - 
though I know not how to relate them all. 
I will come and proclaim your mighty acts, Sovereign Lord;
I will proclaim your righteous deeds, yours alone. 

6 comments:

Mariam said...

I am Mariam,from what I can read. It has been sad news and scam to everyone about Voodoo casters or so. But to me they are so real because one worked for me not quite long ago.i met this man on a blog his name is Dr Abalaka is a very powerful man.I traveled down to where his shrine his and we both did the ritual and sacrifice.he had no website yet but he promised to create one as costumers are requesting for it, and now i'm free from the powders of sickness.I don't know about you but Voodoo is real;love marriage,finance, job promotion ,lottery Voodoo,poker voodoo,golf Voodoo,Law & Court case Spells,money voodoo,weigh loss voodoo,diabetic voodoo,hypertensive voodoo,high cholesterol voodoo,Trouble in marriage,Barrenness(need a child),Luck, Money Spells,he also cure any cancer and HIV,it's all he does. I used my money to purchase everything he used he never collected a dime from. He told me I can repay him anytime with anything from my heart. Now I don't know how to do that. If you can help or you need his help write him on (dr.abalaka@outlook.com) and also his cell number: 760-935-3804 you can text him because he use to be very busy some times,i believe that your story will change for better,or if you have any question you can contact me here as mariambaurice@gmail.com best of luck.

Swapna madhuri said...

CBD oil China
Rick Simpson oil China
Ricks hemp oil China
Medical cannabis China
Hemp oil China
Where to buy CBD oil
CBD Hemp oil China
Rick Cannabinoild oil China
Cannabidiol China
Rick Cannabinoild China

Swapna madhuri said...

Snowflakes final edit by Allen Steble (Feat Andrej)

Tamara Barrow said...

I want to share this great testimony to the world on how Dr VOODOO cure me from HSV1&2 with his herbs, I was nervous when i first contact him about the cure for HSV but i decided to give him a try because i was desperate to get cured and be free from HSV. Dr VOODOO prepared the remedy and sent it to me through UPS,which I use just the way Dr VOODOO instructed me and thank God today I am a beneficiary to this cure and I went back to the hospital after 7 days of taking the herbs and I tested HSV1&2 Negative. So I will tell you all who are looking for a cure to his/her HSV1&2 that Dr VOODOO took research before he could finally get the solution to it and a lot of people are benefiting from him right now. He also cured my friend from HPV. Dr VOODOO heals with natural herbs. Please I urge you to contact him now through his email address: voodoospelltemple66@gmail.com or call and WhatsApp him on +2348140120719. He is capable of curing HIV/AIDS, HERPES, HPV, HSV1&2, CANCER of all kinds, DIABETES and so many other infections.

Parekhs Hospital said...

Parekhs Hospital is one of the best joint replacement and Orthopedic surgeon in Ahmedabad Dr. Dimple Parekh is an Head of Orthopedic/ortho and Joint Replacement doctor in Ahmedabad, Gujarat.

Kurt Weaver said...

I faced a devastating blow when a ruthless cyber attack targeted my Bitcoin account, wiping out $60,000 worth of digital currency. The sense of betrayal and despair overwhelmed me as I grappled with the enormity of the loss, feeling utterly exposed and violated by the hackers who breached my account. In my darkest hour, a friend provided a glimmer of hope by recommending Wizard Asset Recovery, a renowned team specializing in combating cybercrime. With little left to lose, I reached out to them, sharing every detail of the incident and clinging to the possibility of justice amidst the chaos. To my amazement, Wizard Asset Recovery responded swiftly, launching a relentless pursuit to track down the hackers and recover my stolen bitcoins using their advanced technology and expertise. Days stretched into agonizing weeks as the investigation unfolded, each moment filled with uncertainty and anxiety. Finally, after what felt like an eternity, I received the news I had been desperately praying for—Wizard Asset Recovery had successfully traced the hackers and restored my stolen bitcoins. The flood of relief and gratitude was overwhelming, knowing that justice had prevailed. But Wizard Asset Recovery didn’t stop there. In addition to recovering my lost funds, they provided invaluable assistance in fortifying my digital security, offering guidance to shield against future cyber attacks. Their unwavering dedication to their clients' safety and well-being is commendable, and I will always be grateful for their unwavering support during such a harrowing time. Though the scars of this ordeal may linger, I now carry a newfound sense of resilience and determination. With the unwavering backing of organizations like Wizard Asset Recovery, I am empowered to rebuild and reclaim my financial freedom, knowing that I have steadfast allies in the ongoing battle against cybercrime. If you find yourself in a similar situation, don’t hesitate to reach out to Wizard Asset Recovery via email at Wizardassetrecovery@gmx.us or WhatsApp at +1 (315) 756-1228 for unparalleled assistance.